Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shelly's Crunchy Shrimp


Source: Nom Nom Nom

I saw these recently on Shelly's blog, and I love Panko, and I love shrimp, so I had to try it! It was so simple and delicious! The original recipe is for 2 servings--if you have more, I'd plan for at least 10 shrimp per person and adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly. I also reduced the amount of cayenne pepper to 1 teaspoon. The original recipe called for 3, which was too hot for us. I'll definitely make this again!



Shelly's Crunchy Shrimp

Ingredients:

Approximately 2 dozen medium shrimp, thawed
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
2 teaspoons black pepper
3 teaspoons garlic salt
2 eggs
Panko bread crumbs (about a cup or so)
Vegetable oil

Directions:

1. Mix the flour, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic salt in a small bowl or pie plate. In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs. Pour some Panko crumbs in another pie plate.
2. Heat up some vegetable oil in a large skillet (not olive oil). Pour just enough oil so it thinly covers the entire bottom of the pan.
3. Take a shrimp, dunk it in the flour mixture, then the egg, then the panko. Carefully put it in the skillet. Repeat as necessary.
4. Fry each side about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve, either plain or with whatever sauce you prefer. I thought they were great all by themselves, and my husband liked a little cocktail sauce!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love panko crusted shrimp!! Looks great.