Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pastor Ryan's Homemade Noodles



Source: The Pioneer Woman

I follow The Pioneer Woman's blog a lot, and I loved her most recent posts where Pastor Ryan visited. I had HEARD about homemade noodles, but never even thought about making them.

These were good, and being the fact that I love cooking so much, were fun to make and required very little effort. However, my slicing skills stink, and I don't think the noodles were as thin as they should have been, and thus took longer to cook. I thought they were good, and fun to make, but I'm not sure if I would make them again just because my noodle size and width were ALL over the board!

1 cup of flour and 2 eggs makes enough for 2 - double accordingly!

Pastor Ryan's Homemade Noodles

1 cup of flour
2 eggs
Chopped fresh parsley

Combine the flour and egg, and knead my hand or with your Kitchen Aid until smooth. Roll out dough very thinly on a floured surface. If waiting until rolling out, keep in a plastic bag (unrefrigerated) until you need the dough.

Put on a large salted pot of water to boil.

Cut dough with a knife or pizza roller as thinly as possible. Add to boiling water, and boil 2-5 minutes, testing occasionally until al dente.

Remove from pot and drain. Toss with freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!

No comments: