Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pioneer Woman's Linguine with Chicken Thighs


Source: The Pioneer Woman

This was the first Pioneer Woman recipe I made, and I think one of the few on her site that does not have a healthy dose of butter and cream :) I only had one can of crushed tomatoes, so I used that and about half the basil and parsley.

I bought a new pan this weekend. I have a wonderful 12" All Clad fry pan, but it's just not deep enough for sauces or dishes with a lot of veggies. You know you have reached a new level of domesticity when you are willing to spend $200 on a single freaking pan. It's worth it, though, I love my All Clad pans!


Hello, my pretty!

Ingredients:

Olive oil
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 to 1 medium onion, chopped (I used half)
2 to 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup of white wine
2 28-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
Pinch of sugar
3 to 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
1 package of linguine noodles
Parmesan cheese

1. Boil a pot of water for the linguine. I put the noodles in when you add the chicken back into the sauce, so everything's done at the same time.

2. Heat olive oil in a hot skillet, and add diced chicken in a single layer. Don't move the chicken--allow to sit for a few minutes until they get browned, and then turn them over and do the same thing on the other side. Don't worry about them being completely done--they'll finish cooking later in the sauce. Remove chicken and set aside.

3. Add onions and garlic and stir to combine. Add white wine, and with a spatula, scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen brown bits. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cooked chicken back into the sauce, and simmer for another 15 minutes. I always throw some frozen garlic bread in the oven the last 5 minutes to serve with the dish. Add in the chopped fresh herbs right before you serve the dish.

4. Drain noodles and serve. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Maryanna said...

Mmmm. This looks great. I love pasta, and this is something that's different from the good 'ol spaghetti and meatballs.