Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shrimp Scampi Bake

Sadly, I have no photos of this recipe. I cannot find my camera. I am known for just setting things down in what I THINK are obvious places, so I'm sure it will turn up!

In any case, this is a simple, yummy recipe!

Source: www.allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

1 cup of butter (I halved it)
2 tablespoons of dijon mustard (I also halved this)
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh garlic
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley (from my herb garden!)
2 pounds of raw shrimp (I bought frozen, rinsed in cold water to thaw)
1 pound of pasta

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta.

2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. Blend ingredients, and remove from heat once butter is melted.

3. Add shrimp to a shallow saucepan. Pour sauce over shrimp. Bake 12-15 minutes. While shrimp is cooking, add pasta to boiling water and cook per package instructions.

4. Remove from oven and serve over pasta. Enjoy!

Since I halved the butter, the pasta didn't have as much "sauce" as I would have liked. I'd suggest adding about 1/4--1/2 cup of white wine to make more sauce for the pasta.

No comments: