Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Top 10 Favorites of 2009

Better late than never! What I love about this blog is it's really forced me expand my repertoire in the kitchen. Pre-blog, I had some good recipes, but having to post made me try new things and learn new techniques. I know so much more now and am looking forward to continuing to learn!


Beef Bourguignon


Although I normally don't think of stew as "decadent," this was so tender and flavorful. A definite treat!

Slow Cooker Turkey Breast


This was our part of our Thanksgiving dinner, but it was so tender I'll make this throughout the year!

Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables


This was zesty, delicious, and perfect for two!

This was a total surprise to me. I knew it would be good, but I had no idea HOW good when making it! This is a must-try.

Baked Shrimp Scampi


I've made a few different versions of shrimp scampi. This is my favorite!

Chicken Scallopine


Be still my heart. This combination of heavy cream, white wine, mushrooms and capers is TO DIE FOR.

Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing


Please try this. You won't regret it.

Seven Layer Taco Dip


This is my go-to dish to bring to parties. People LOVE it! It's pretty easy to put together and always a crowd-pleaser.

Roasted Garlic Bread


This garlic bread version takes a little longer due to roasting the garlic cloves, but it's SO worth it.

Sauteed Mushrooms


On special occasions I like to cook filets, and these mushrooms are the perfect side dish.

Thanks for following!

5 comments:

amber said...

That taco dip really is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I was already hungry. Coming here was a mistake...now I'm starving!

I still don't know if I can do a warm spinach salad. I mean, one day I'll try but I can't see myself liking it.

Tameka said...

I agree with Amber. I love it, so yummy!!

The Lazy Housewife said...

PCL - you MUST make the spinach salad, it's amazing! Or next time I come out I will make it for you :)

Colleen said...

Great recipes! Can't wait to try some of them!