Monday, January 18, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Source: Tasty Kitchen

I love appetizers. Sometimes I'll order a few appetizers in lieu of an entree. A few years ago, my favorite meal was the 3 For All at Friday's, with the potstickers, mozzarella sticks, and potato skins. Yum. I will take any excuse to make an appetizer, and being that I was hosting a gathering yesterday, these fit the bill!

I cannot think of an easier recipe to make. I bought frozen turkey meatballs. In the future, I'll look for smaller meatballs so there are more servings (plus smaller food is cuter!!!), but in any case, this will take you all of 5 minutes to put together. Once the meatballs had been cooked through, I put them in my crockpot on low to keep them warm. Delicious!

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Ingredients

1 pound Frozen, Pre-made Meatballs
½ cups Onion, Chopped
¾ jars Heinz Chili Sauce
⅓ cups Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch, Whisked Into 1/2 Cup Water
Ground Black Pepper
2-½ Tablespoons Rice Vinegar Or Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce


1. Mix all ingredients and let simmer over medium-low heat until onions are soft and meatballs are cooked through.

(If these are too zingy and not sweet enough for you, try adding a little pineapple juice or ketchup to the sauce.)

No comments: