Sunday, January 17, 2010

Brie Stuffed Mushrooms

Source: The Pioneer Woman

I used to HAAAAATE mushrooms. That may be because my exposure to them was either raw, or on top of pizza. Ew. I have come to love mushrooms now. I think of them as little flavor sponges, soaking up the flavor of any recipe they're in. Yum!

Stuffed mushrooms are even more fun! These were a snap to prepare. I made these in a glass baking dish, and some of the juices from the mushrooms collected on the bottom while in the oven - I may try baking on a cookie pan or something similar next time to see if the juices cook off. Additionally, I broiled for a few minutes to crisp up the tops. These were delicious, and I'll be making them again!

Brie Stuffed Mushrooms

1 package White Button Mushrooms, Washed And Stems Removed
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
¼ cups Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
4 whole (to 5) Green Onions, Sliced (up To Middle Of Dark Green Part)
Splash Of White Wine (optional)
1 slice (wedge) Of Brie Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Melt butter in large saucepan. Add mushroom caps and toss to coat in butter. Sprinkle lightly with salt and cook for 1 minute. Remove mushrooms from pan and place upside down in a baking dish.

3. In the same saucepan (without cleaning it) throw in garlic, parsley, and green onions. Sprinkle very lightly with salt and splash in wine, if using. Stir around until wine evaporates, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.

4. Cut rind off of brie wedge, then cut pieces of brie to fit each mushroom cap. Place inside, lightly pressing to anchor each piece of brie.

5. Top mushrooms with parsley/garlic mixture.

6. Place into the oven for 15 minutes, or until brie is melted. Broil for a few minutes if desired. Mushrooms are best when allowed to cool slightly.

2 comments:

Tess Tickle said...

I might have to attempt these next time I have company :)

amber said...

They were yummy! Thanks for having us over this weekend. :)