Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Leftover Turkey Tips

Source: Ellen's Kitchen

Almost as good as Thanksgiving itself are the LEFTOVERS! I just LOVE leftovers! Having a ton of delicious food for days afterwards makes all the work of the meal completely worth it.

When it comes to reheating turkey and gravy, you can go the easy route (the microwave), or occassionally, if I'm not completely starving, I'll heat up the turkey in the oven and the gravy in a saucepan. To reheat in an oven, spread out turkey in a single layer, sprinkle with juices or water, and heat for 30-45 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or to a minimum temperature of 165 degrees. Bring the gravy to a boil on the stovetop.

If you have leftovers in excess of 3 days, freeze the turkey and the gravy. If there's a lot, I try to separate into a few batches so I can take out a little turkey and gravy at a time. The turkey tastes best if used within 2 months.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: