I messed up this dish a few different ways, but I'm still posting it because I think it was still good, and would still be delicious had I followed the instructions! I
1. Bought the wrong kind of rice (black rice instead of wild rice)
2. Overcooked the rice
3. Then added an extra cup of rice to the dish than what the recipe called for, so the corn to rice ratio was off. The rice I bought probably ended up cooking 5 cups of rice once it was done. I'm lucky I didn't put the WHOLE thing in there!
But it was still good! I really will make this again.
Fresh Corn with Wild Rice
2 cups Cooked Wild Rice
4 cups Chicken Broth
3 cups (to 4 Cups) Fresh Corn Kernels (scraped Off The Cob or from frozen)
1 cup Heavy Cream
6 Tablespoons Butter, sliced into 1 tablespoon pieces
2 whole Eggs, Beaten
1 teaspoon (to 2 Teaspoons) Kosher Salt (or Table Salt To Taste)
Cayenne Pepper To Taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon and it was pretty spicy!)
½ cups (to 1 Cup) Milk, For Thinning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook wild rice in chicken broth until almost done. Rice should still have a firm (but not crunchy) bite. Drain rice and allow to cool.
3. Scrape corn kernels into a large mixing bowl. Add in cream, butter, beaten eggs, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir together.
4. Add in 2 cups of cooled wild rice, stirring gently. Splash in milk so that mixture is stirrable, but not overly juicy.
5. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt or cayenne pepper if needed.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until just turning golden brown on top and the mixture is somewhat set.