Whoops, I've been on a bit of a blogging haitus. We had guests in town a couple of weeks back, and I really don't like to test drive new recipes on guests! Last weekend I was in the mood to make some old favorites. I guess it happens when you only pull out the stops 2 days a week!
We were invited to a last-minute dinner with only a few hours before we had to leave. I hate to go to someone's house empty handed, so I racked my brain and my cupboard for easy recipes with ingredients I had on hand. I remembered this cake, which I haven't made in years, but is ridiculously easy and always a hit. To make things even simpler, I used some chocolate frosting I had on-hand instead of making the glaze. Enjoy!
Quick Black Forest Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix with pudding (I just used a normal chocolate cake mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar