Monday, March 9, 2009

Antipasto Pasta Salad



Adapted from: All Recipes

You know you have a stellar recipe on your hands when men come up to you and say how good it is. I typically think of this salad as a summer salad, but it's great for any time of year. If I bring it to a large get-together, it is GONE, but my favorite thing to do is make the recipe for a smaller group, bring half, and then I get the rest for lunch or dinner the rest of the week! It is SO good!

The earlier you make it, the better. I like to make it the morning, but I've seen reviews where people have made it a day in advance, and then added in the balsamic vinagrette the morning of or a couple of hours in advance. I have to exert MAJOR willpower to keep from eating all the ingredients as I make it - especially the Asiago!

Antipasto Pasta Salad
Serves 12

1 pound of rotini pasta
1/4 pound Genoa salami, chopped
1/4 pound pepperoni, chopped
1/2 pound Asiago cheese, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 tomatoes, diced
1 (7 ounce) package dry Italian dressing mix
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or toss the noodles with garlic oil)
1 cup balsamic vinagrette dressing
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, and cool under cold water.

2. In a large bowl, combine pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, peppers, and tomatoes. Mix well. Stir in the envelope of dressing mix, garlic powder, Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste, and stir. Cover, and refrigerate at least one hour.

3. Just before serving, pour balsamic vinagrette over the salad, and mix well.

3 comments:

FJ said...

I made chicken marsala last night similar to your recipe, only I didn't use pancetta, lemon juice, or parsley. It came out pretty good for my first time. My chicken was a little chewy though.

The Lazy Housewife said...

I find using thin-cut chicken breasts produces the best skillet-cooked chicken. It seems when I use thicker cuts it always turns out chewy.

10yearstogether said...

Yum yum yum!!!