Sunday, July 26, 2009

Veggie & Cheese Bagel Sandwich



I was browsing through Pioneer Woman's Favorites and something about this sandwich looked so tasty! Bagel? Check. Veggies? Check. 3 different types of cheese? CHECK. It's also been very hot here lately, and this seemed like the perfect summer sandwich!

This was sooooooo good! The best thing I've had in ages. In fact, as soon as I started eating it, I regretting putting everything away. I was ready for another! It's a little tough to eat, if you toast the bagel it can be stiff compared to sandwich filling, but I personally think the crunch of the bagel adds a lot to the taste.

Mix it up with whatever veggies you prefer. I left off the avocado, red onion, and alfalfa sprouts for my personal taste. And my husband and I split this - one sandwich half is plenty!

Veggie & Cream Cheese Bagel Sandwich

Bagel of your choice, toasted and set aside to cool
1/2 block cream cheese
2-3 green onions
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Avocado
Red Onion
Alfalfa Sprouts
Lettuce
Muenster Cheese
Cheddar Cheese

1. Place 1/2 block of cream cheese on a plate and mash it with a fork. Chop up 2-3 green onions finely and mix with the cream cheese until throughly combined.

2. Slice all veggies thinly.

3. Spread cream cheese generously on both bagel halves. Layer the vegetables. Layer the avocado slices right on the cream cheese, followed by the alfalfa sprouts and one slice of each kind of cheese.

4. On the other bagel, add the cucumber slices on the cream cheese. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Lay the onion slices on top, then the tomotoes followed by lettuce.

5. Put the whole thing together and enjoy!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Looks delicious! I want one for lunch!