Prep time: 30 minutes
4 portions of spaghetti (about 8 oz uncooked)
2 egg whites
4 tsp Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning
1/4 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese, grated
4 portions of chicken breast (about 1 lb)
2 tbsp of olive oil
3 tomatoes, diced, or 1 can of diced tomatoes
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
4 tbsp of red wine (or chicken broth)
1. Prepare spaghetti according to package directions
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites. In a pie plate, combine the Mrs. Dash seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg white then into the seasoned Parmesan, coating both sides.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. (The Parmesan can burn quickly, so don't overdo it.) Place chicken breasts in skillet; cover and cook for approximately 6 minutes; turn and cook for 6 more minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Add tomatoes and bell peppers to skillet and saute over medium heat until pepper begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning and red wine; continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Add pasta to the skillet with sauteed peppers and tomoatoes; mix gently.
7. Slice cook chicken. Divide pasta mixture onto plates and top with sliced chicken. Enjoy!